Phase 5 - Bidding and Negotiation
Solicit bids and select a General Contractor (if the project will be competitively bid). The client may have an established relationship with a General Contractor and choose to negotiate an agreement with them in lieu of a bidding process.
- Identify and interview prospective General Contractors.
- Conduct the bidding process.
- Organize and review bids (cost and schedule).
- Award contract.
- Prepare bid packages, including bid forms, project summary, and contract documents.
- Present bids to Client.
- Explain technical construction cost information to Client.
- Discuss design implications of any items considered for adjustment.
Provide any additional design information in a timely manner to facilitate a comprehensive resolution.
The drawings and specifications that will be used to bid and construct the project.